COVID-19 Screening Guidance
Published January 13, 2021
As COVID-19 guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to evolve, NNS is adapting our processes and procedures to ensure we are doing everything we can to keep our employees safe.
Recent increases in positive COVID-19 cases across the country and here at home have resulted in new CDC guidance that recommends critical infrastructure employees conduct self-screenings prior to reporting to work and daily symptom assessments with their supervisors once at work.
To align with this guidance, NNS will implement the following, effective January 19:
- You must self-screen prior to physically reporting to the shipyard and not report to work if any of the following are present:
- COVID-19 symptoms.
- Temperature equal to or higher than 100.4o F.
- You are under evaluation for COVID-19 (for example, waiting for test results).
- You are diagnosed with COVID-19 and required to quarantine.
- If you work from home, you must notify your supervisor if you are experiencing new or unexpected COVID-19 symptoms, as outlined above.
- If you physically report to the shipyard, your supervisor will conduct a daily symptom assessment with you (during shift check, in person, or by telephone/WebEx). During the assessment, your supervisor will ask you to notify them privately and verbally if you are experiencing new or unexpected COVID-19 symptoms, which include:
- Temperature equal to or higher than 100.4o F
- New cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- New loss of taste or smell
- Pending COVID-19 test
- If you confirm or present with new or unexpected COVID-19 symptoms, your supervisor will instruct you to go or remain at home and call the COVID Hotline (1-844-243-8749).
Despite the evolving nature of the virus, one thing has remained constant: social distancing, wearing masks and maintaining good personal hygiene helps to stop the spread of COVID-19. Remaining out of work and seeking medical attention when symptomatic provides another layer of protection to keep all of our employees and their families safe.
Director, Environmental, Health and Safety and Security