COVID-19 Vaccination Update
Published February 4, 2021
Newport News Shipbuilding’s vaccination site is open to provide COVID-19 vaccines to employees with appointments. The vaccination schedule is in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance. NNS is receiving limited doses from the state and employees will be notified when it’s their turn to be vaccinated.
As you wait your turn, please be aware of the following:
- You or your supervisor will receive a meeting notice with details regarding your appointment. Please monitor your company email closely. If you are unable to make the scheduled date, email [email protected] to reschedule your appointment.
- Availability of COVID-19 vaccines may change daily. If appointments need to be rescheduled due to vaccine supply, employees will be contacted directly.
- Bring your company badge with you to your appointment.
- NNS is providing transportation to and from appointments. Shuttles are operating on a continuous loop from Bldg. 601 to pickup locations outside the following NNS gates:
- 35th Street
- 42nd Street
- 50th Street
- North Yard (Main Gate)
- Employees who would like to drive to their appointment can do so. Bldg. 601, the old Apprentice School gym, is located off Marshall Avenue.
- Allow at least one hour to complete the vaccination process.
- Hourly employees will charge to XXX1-9978-4.
- No charge is provided for salaried employees. They will need to use PTO/Flex.
- Face coverings are required and you are encouraged to wear a short sleeve or loose-fitting shirt to your appointment.
Read a list of frequently asked questions regarding NNS’ plan to vaccinate employees. It covers logistics, pay/cost, medical-related questions and other issues. Additional information about COVID-19 vaccines is available on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
For questions specific to NNS’ vaccination process, please send an email to NNS’ Crisis Action Group (CAG) at [email protected]. For questions that involve your personal medical history, please contact your healthcare provider.
The COVID-19 Crisis Action Group