COVID-19 Vaccine Verification Process
Published October 7, 2021
All Newport News Shipbuilding and leased employees, with the exception of employees who received their COVID-19 vaccine from QuadMed, the NNS Vaccination Center or an in-yard vaccination event, will be required to provide proof of vaccination to comply with the federal vaccination mandate.
The following documents will be accepted:
- Immunization records from a health care provider or pharmacy.
- A COVID-19 vaccination record card.
- A copy of the employee’s medical records documenting the vaccination.
- Immunization records from a public health or state immunization information system.
- Other official documentation verifying vaccination with information on the vaccine name, date(s) of administration, and the name of the health care professional or clinic site administering vaccine.
Proof of vaccination submitted via email is required no later than Nov. 24 to [email protected]. Please include your name and PERN in the email when submitting your proof of vaccination. You will receive email confirmation that your submittal was received. Employees who self-reported in UPoint as vaccinated must follow these steps, as well as those who receive off-site vaccinations going forward.
All NNS and leased employees who are unable to submit electronically can come to the NNS Access Center (Bldg. 625 at Washington and 39th streets) Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. – 12 p.m. and from 12:30 – 4:30 p.m. with their proof of vaccination. The in-person option will begin Oct. 18 and submissions will be accepted until Nov. 29.
Information regarding in-yard vaccination verification sites will be communicated soon. For additional details about the proof of vaccination process, please read the frequently asked questions.
Thank you for your flexibility and continued cooperation.
The COVID-19 Crisis Action Group