NNS Accepting Applications for 2022 Summer Internships
Published October 12, 2021
Newport News Shipbuilding Talent Acquisition is accepting applications for 2022 summer internships through Nov. 28. The company anticipates hiring more than 100 interns next summer with the following majors: business, computer science, criminal justice, data science, engineering, project management and supply chain.
NNS will offer two different internship options based on department requests – 100% on-site or hybrid (50% on-site, 50% telework). Students will work 40 hours a week for 10 weeks during the summer.
To qualify for a NNS summer internship, students must:
– Be enrolled in a STEM-related bachelor’s or master’s degree program.
– Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
– Provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or fit within an exemption under the law.
Students are encouraged to apply early, and video interviews are expected to start this month. Direct interested students to buildyourcareer.com to apply for the following positions:
– “ABILITY Intern” – Req No. 9439 (for students with documented disabilities)
– “BUSN MGMT Intern” – Req No. 8692 (for business majors)
– “ENGRG Intern” – Req No. 8425 (for engineering majors)
– “INTERN” – Req No. 9933 (for all other majors)
– “IT Intern” – Req No. 8691 (for IT majors)