NSRP Request for Proposals
Published May 17, 2022
The National Shipbuilding Research Program (NSRP) is soliciting research announcement (RA) summary proposals.
The NSRP is a collaboration of 10 U.S. shipyards with the mission of managing and focusing national shipbuilding and ship repair research and development funding on technologies that will reduce the cost of ships to the U.S. Navy and other national security customers.
The NSRP is looking for projects that will:
- Reduce total ownership cost of ships.
- Improve quality in ship design, construction and repair through continuous improvement of advanced technologies, processes and data management applications.
- Enhance workforce excellence.
- Reduce cost associated with ship systems integration during ship design, construction, modernization and maintenance.
- Increase materials and process commonality across the shipbuilding and ship repair enterprise to reduce costs.
- Identification of best practices from all sources regarding cybersecurity technologies and their appropriate application to shipbuilding and repair systems and equipment.
RA projects have no budget limit, can last up to two years and require 50% cost share. Teaming is encouraged. Awards of $6 to $8 million are anticipated. Potential proposers are encouraged to review the RA proposal process. Visit nsrp.org for information regarding this solicitation, specific focus areas and the RA summary proposals.
Summary proposals are due to the NSRP by noon on July 18.
NNS associates interested in developing a summary proposal for this solicitation should contact Elmer Dickens (E32) at 688-9079. All NNS project ideas must be submitted through the E30 R&D database. Proposers will be notified in December of the decision regarding selection and funding of proposed projects. Contracts will be awarded in the March 2023 time frame.